More fantastic Forest Childcare Ideas for all year round.
If you are a member of the Forest Childcare Association looking for new ideas or just a childminder, early years provider or parent looking for original and interesting ideas to engage your children in outdoor outings and learning then this pack is ideal.
The pack has been written and designed to be accessible to everyone, no matter what you already know about nature and Forest Childcare. There are activities to appeal to a complete beginners and information and facts that experienced nature explorers or Forest Childcare providers will find interesting. The pack is full of original photographs of a wealth of plants and animals, original artwork and ideas. The pack also contains resources like printable posters, Forest Childcare themed crafts and templates, spotting sheets and display resources.
You do not need to be a Forest Childcare Member to use this pack. However if you are a childminder or other early years provider you will get more from it by also joining the Association. To join the Forest Childcare Association AND get a copy of this pack for £25, saving £2.50, follow this link to the new bundle deal:
If you are already a Forest Childcare Provider you can get a £2.50 discount off the full price of this pack by following this link:
The pack is organised into three different sections. The first section contains lots of different ideas and activities for you to do on your outdoor outings at different times of the year. Activities include:
- Forest Tales
- Tracks in the Snow - (Animal Tracks Poster included in the Resources and Templates section)
- A magical plant
- Wildflowers - With an additional 'Make your Own Speedwell flower' craft in the Resources and Templates section
- Wildflower Colours - Go on a colour hunt (Includes wildflower colour posters in the Resources and Templates section.)
- Lovely Ladybirds - Learn about ladybirds and play a ladybird counting game (Included in the Resources and Templates section.)
- Petal Counting - (With a printable counting record chart in the Resources and Templates section.)
- Foxgloves - Learn about the folklore surrounding these plants and how they got their name
- Counting Magpies - (With magpie counting display resources in the Resources and Templates section.)
- Miniature Pineapples!?
- Miniature Worlds
- Not a dandelion – What looks like a dandelion but is not a dandelion?
- Sandmartins - Learn about these agile birds and make your own sandmartin with the resources in the Resources and Templates section.
- Rowan berries - Including an additional painting activity in the Resources and Templates section
- Down by the Sea – Learn about spoonwort.
- Beach Art
- Fabulous Fungi - With additional display resources in the Resources and Display section
- Weird and Wonderful Toadstool Names
- Who Lives Here?
- Tree Spirits
- Signs of Winter – With an additional 'Frosty Leaves' craft in the Resources and Templates section
- A Windy Day - With an additional 'Windy Waves' craft in the Resources and Templates section
The second section contains lots of additional Resources and Templates including all of those mentioned above as well as some Forest Childcare themed colouring sheets to talk about and complete on days when the weather stops play!
The third section contains a short essay on Forest Childcare and the Characteristics of Effective Learning, helping you understand how Forest Childcare can help children develop these essential skills and attributes.